The Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents, or RoSPA as we are more commonly known, is a charity that has been at the heart of accident prevention for nearly 100 years. Our mission is to save lives and reduce injuries, across all aspects of life and this includes in the home, on the road, at work and on or near the water.
- Keep medicines and chemicals out of sight and reach of children, preferably
in a locked cupboard.
- Wherever possible, buy products in child resistant containers.
- Always store chemicals in their original containers.
- Dispose of unwanted medicines and chemicals safely.
- Avoid buying plants with poisonous leaves or berries or those that can irritate the skin.
You can find further information on preventing accidents in the home on the RoSPA website.