A blog by David Ross, Community Safety Unit, Scottish Government
The Minister for Community Safety and Legal Affairs, Paul Wheelhouse, met with Police Scotland Youth Volunteers (PSYV’s) at Boroughmuir High School on Tuesday 3rd February 2015.
- Promote a practical understanding of policing amongst all young people
- Encourage the spirit of adventure and good citizenship
- Support local policing priorities through volunteering
- Give young people a chance to be heard, and
- Inspire young people to participate positively in their communities.