What's been happening?
- Royal Society for the Prevention of Accidents - A short blog looking at safety in the home, focusing on child safety.
- Mentors in Violence Prevention (MVP) Scotland on the European Stage – Blog with details on the recent MVP event held in Stockholm.
- Child Safety Week – Information on the recent launch of the national Child Safety Week (CSW) campaign.
- What Work Scotland – Details on the launch of 'What Works Scotland', an independent research centre, jointly funded by the ESRC.
- Turning Up the Volume of Poverty – Details of the Poverty Truth Commissions June event held in Glasgow.
VRU Commonwealth Games Legacy Programme - The programme offered 30 participants from troubled backgrounds with previous convictions a second chance by offering paid employment, mentoring and support.
During the Commonwealth Games, the trainees will be engaged as support crew for the Glasgow Host City Volunteer Group. Their function is to be one of support and they are trained to offer the same level of public assistance as the Host City Volunteers
SCSN have announced that the Safer Communities Awards 2015 are now open for applications. Applications are invited from all public, private and voluntary sector organisations across four categories:
- Early Intervention and Education
- Innovative Media Campaign
- Strengthening Community Engagement and Resilience
- Wider Partnership
National Adviser to take up her new job as Team Leader for Community Safety with
Aberdeenshire City Council. All the best Cheryl!
What's coming up?
Book a place on this event